Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Grammy Award 2007 Fashion

Not traditionally the most fashionable awards of the year, there were still a few pieces that were worth taking a note of.
Like Beyonce's Armani Prive dress here, which I thought looked really interesting and refreshing.
She also got to wear two more dresses that night, which I thought was pretty nice. Although the brown one is not quite to my taste. But aw. . . . these dresses reminds me of her outfits on Dream Girls!
One of our favourites that night was Carrie Underwood in Badgley Mischka. That silver dress is just STUNNING on the red carpet and the black one is fun and cute.
Then there was Christina, who also had two dresses (the white one by Ungaro). I rather like her hair and make-up done in this hollywood glamor way, very elegant and sophisticated. Much better then some of her trashy looks. I was actually watching one of her old MV's the other day, Come on over(?), and she looked really pretty there too. Don't know what made her go for that trashy look. . .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another gorgeous red dress on Shakira by Carolina Herrera . Except I really didn't think that this was the best hairstyle for this dress. The hair is much more suited for her gold performing costume.Short shiny dresses on Fergie and Hilary Duff. Although not to my taste, I think the sparkly Badgley Mischka custom made dress suits Fergie. As for Hilary. . . I don't know what she was thinking with that Dolce & Gabanna. The Grammy's is supposed to be splashy and fun, but this one is just not. I nearly didn't recognize her. Maybe its the hair again, I really don't like this kind of hair style and I sincerely hope I won't be seeing anymore of it anytime soon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Much more elegantly, we have Scarlett in a simple black dress by Monique Lhullier and Petra Nemcova in a metallic mini dress. If you must wear a metallic dress, I think this is the way to wear it *coughhilarycough*.
Classically elegant, we have Mary J Blige and LeAnn Rimes in simple plunging V necked dresses from Michael Kors and Monique Lhuillier. I must say I don't notice her a lot usually, I wouldn't have attributed this style to Mary J Blige- a pleasant surprise.
Then I just wanted to comment on the lucky, My Grammy's Moment, winner Robyn Troup. Her dress was somewhat trashy looking with the hemline and all, but then again, this is her first performance. Ultimately, she's a gorgeous girl and that dress really shows off her legs, which I couldn't help my admire while she was performing. Oh and we are also super jealous that she gets to be in such close contact with Justin!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then there were the costumes on Imogen Heap and Nelly Furtado that just makes me speechless (notice I use the word costume).
Only at the Grammy's. . . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion