Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Paris Fashion Week SS08 Wrapup IV

Last Paris Fashion Week SS08 post! Gosh, it's been such a busy time of the year I haven't had the time to blog about as many designers' collections as I would like to, but here are the last few collections.

Nina Ricci
This is one of the shows we've been all waiting for. Olivier Theyskens totally got my attention when he said the theme was on 'a group of girls you'd see on the street in the early morning coming from a ball'. I mean, in my imaginary glamorous world, one of the scenes I would picture myself in is exactly that -way to steal a girl's heart!

This season's look has still got last season's wavy, feather-added hair going on. While this collection is not as stunning or wowing as last season's, I still am in love with a lot of the dresses. I love how these silk dresses look so effortless, simply but not boring. SO chic!

Another thing I love about Olivier's Nina Ricci, the romantic, gothic element. Like that outfit on the left, it's sort of dark, yet still so pretty. The one thing we all recognise now is the long dresses' trains -they remind me of waves 'wishing and washing' behind the dress-wearer. Absolutely divine!

Lanvin
Another brilliant collection by Alber Elbaz. In my mind, he's the designer that started the trend of silk clothes and bright-coloured clothes. Unfortunately, Lanvin is one designer brand I can't afford anytime soon...

Very sophisticated and elegant.

This collection was mostly dresses -a lot of them suitable for parties.

These dresses are fun, glamorous with lots of luxurious details. If only I had all those parties to go to...

John Galliano
Usually I don't care much about Galliano's personal collection. OK, I probably still don't care that much, (not really my style.) But the theatrics of the show really caught my attention. It's not every show that the models don't look stoic and seem to be actually putting on a show.

A modern take on the elegant, flapper style.

The dresses are so dramatic! One dress I see potential in is the dress on the left -it's prints are light and pretty, and the dress itself looks totally wearable. I hope to see it in real life next season!

Ooh no, I just realised I haven't blogged about YSL! Oh well, just remember to go check it out yourself! What did you think of these collections?

Image Credit: http://www.style.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion