Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Dream of a Lifestyle Involving Many Cocktail Dresses III: Sequined Scarves

One of my favourite ways to wear skinny scarves has been to wear it like a tie. (Emphasise on the 'like' -I still haven't figured out how to tie a tie yet even though I have been taught several times.) So recently I was styling and shopping my friend for her pre-graduation party season For her traffic light party, she already had a basic cotton, round-necked, short-sleeved dress. It wasn't a dress that screamed party so I decided accessories. The obvious choice would be to go for an oh-so-popular wide, patent leather belt, but it didn't really suit her. So I chose her a thin, silver sequined scarf from Oasis (a UK high street store,). I've seen her party photos and believe me, the sequined scarf really adds a sparkly-and-glam factor to an outfit. Here's an imitation of her outfit:

A plain dress from Top Shop. While dresses like that aren't exactly party material, they are good for day-to-night days. Plus -

For night, add a sequined scarf to make the basic dress more fun.

If you have a dressy event and you want to wear a sequined scarf, make sure your dress is pretty plain, like this purple Shelly Steffee slip dress or this electric blue Julie Haus Cha Cha dress.

Even though I haven't tried it yet, I suspect a sequined scarf would also look cool with strapless dresses. The green A-line dress if by Susana Monaco and the black one if by Laila Azhar.

Or a V-neck dress.

This woven beaded scarf is also from Oasis. It's not as sparkly as the all-sequined one, but I can't find the exact photo on Oasis' website.

If sequined scarves are too 'bling' or 'shiny' for you, then maybe go for a metallic scarf and wrap it all around your neck like in this image from Urban Outfitters.

Image credits: www.shopbop.com, www.oasis-stores.com, www.asos.com, www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk, www.topshop.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion