Celebrity Photos Fashion

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thirty Minutes With Barack

Here's the whole piece, "American Stories, American Solutions," for those who missed it Wednesday. It was almost perfect in tenor and tone (and substance) although someone is getting a talking to for a typo of $200,000 that should have read $250,000. For a minute I wondered if I'd written the graphics for Obama's infomercial.

That said, the old woman's arthritic fingers made me cry. So did her retired husband putting on a Wal-Mart badge to go to work at age 72. So did the guy who lost two-thirds of his pension, thanking Barack for acknowledging he'd earned that money and the company had no right to take it away from him. So did the third generation Ford Autoworker worried about his job, family and town. And so did Barack talking about his dying mother and I'd heard that part before a thousand times now.

Yeah. Nothing but sniffles, but I'm not ashamed. I'm a softie who wants to believe. I can't help myself. (Via Ben Smith' blog on Politico)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion