Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Padma Lakshmi for Vogue India

"Does this make me look sexy?"

How about that? The taglines on the cover of Vogue India are just as stupid as any American woman's magazine taglines. "FIT IS FABULOUS!" Oh, shut up. "The new bust, waist and leg." What happened to the old ones?

Anyway.

Vogue India January 2011 Issue
Editorial: "Mother Superior"
Photographer: Prabuddha Dasgupta
Stylist: Anaita Shroff Adajania
Hair and Makeup: Deepa Verma

Hit it, Padma:

On her achievements:
"It's not so much what you have, but rather what you do with it. I never looked or felt better than I do today. What you lose in youth, you gain in sex appeal; what gravity takes away, you gain in wisdom."

On her scar:
"We need other people to tell us who we are before we realize it ourselves. Helmut [Newton] saw beauty where others saw a flaw. He said he didn't care if he couldn't see my face, but he wanted to see my scar. It was liberating."

On being pregnant/endometriosis:
"I wasn't trying to get pregnant, I was told I couldn't. It's been such a profound experience.

On refusing to camouflage her shape:
"I wore Badgley Mischka, Azzedine Alaia, Alberta Ferretti, Michael Kors. I wanted to show off my shape. I felt my most sexy, my most sensual, my most womanly."

On plastic surgery:
Everyone gets the face they deserve at 50. I'm 40 now, and look better than I ever have because I know what to do with my body, my skin. The faces that I'm most attracted to are the faces that have lived."

Wow. She sounds insufferable. As for the pictures...

Mark Fast Fall 2010 Collection


Roberto Cavalli Spring 2011 Collection
[Necklace, Padma]


Hakaan Yildirim Fall 2010 Collection
[Rings, Padma]



Blumarine Fall 2010 Collection
[Earrings, Padma]

They're surprisingly flat and ordinary, for such a world class beauty with modeling experience. Part of that is her fault; we can't say she gives very good face, and part of that is the stylist's fault because these clothes do nothing but cover her bits up. Nothing was done to make them (or her) look very interesting.


[Image Credit: Nefertiti87 via thefashionspot.com, style.com, elle.com]

Post a Comment

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion