Celebrity Photos Fashion

Friday, August 1, 2008

Come and Get Yer Fix, Obama Family Fans!

I finally got around to scanning in the pictures from People Magazine's Obama Family spread. I realize that some of you may have searched the Web elsewhere for them, but for those who were too lazy to do that, here they are ... in all their "OMG! They are so cute! I want my own gorgeous black family unit!" glory.

Goodness. They are so amazingly gorgeous I want to die. Look at Malia. That girl is going to be a stunner when she hits 15 or 16. Barack will have to sit on the porch of the White House with a shotgun (as people used to joke about my dad having three daughters.)

But seriously. Second term, he's having the Secret Service sit on the front porch of the White House with a shot gun.

Do you think if we show enough pictures of the Obama's a "marriage fad" will hit black America and suddenly folks will hold true to the meaning of the 1990s "Million Man March" where black men were called home to fix their communities? Will women take more pride in themselves and find more love to give in making better choices for themselves and their families? What if we just showed these pictures 24/7 at junior highs across America? Would it work? Would the teen pregnancy rate drop as girls felt enough esteem to wait for the right guy? Could it happen? Could it?

I'm just a dreamer. But I really, really, really think black folks need to get married. Seriously. Get married. It won't solve everything, but it will solve about half of our problems. Men who get married stay out of trouble. Women who get married have the help they need to raise better children. Better children do better in school and life. Filled with self-esteem and intellect those children will go on to make better decisions than their parents did and the cycle will continue until we've literally "married" the ignorance right out of us.

C'mon, black marriage fad! Sweep the nation! Trick all the hard heads into living a better life!

I'm drowning in the adorableness and I don't want to be revived. Just let me go under!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion