Celebrity Photos Fashion

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lea Michele for Marie Claire UK

Well, she's consistent. We'll give her that.


Roberto Cavalli Dress

It Girl of the moment Lea Michele is on the cover of Marie Claire this month. Inside, she says actressy things.

On partying: “I can honestly sit down in front of you and say I don’t smoke and I don’t do drugs. I never have and that’s who I am. These days I have one glass of wine and I’m completely gone… I much prefer a glass of wine and a bath at home at night to relax.”

On how Glee changed her self-image: “Glee has made me feel beautiful. Now when people say that I don’t feel like they’re lying. Glee has shown me that I am beautiful, that I can be beautiful no matter what I look like, what my weight is.”

On not being a diva: Despite Glee’s international success, Lea’s no diva. ‘I feel very equal to my cast and I feel like I couldn’t do what I do without them,’ she says.

On her tattoos: She has nine, each chronicling a significant milestone in her life. ‘They’re all tiny. I mean, you saw me in the shoot today, I was practically nude. Did you see any? No. I’m telling you, I have nine. All so, so, so little.’

On her high school experience: “My school was bit like Gossip Girl in that there was a lot of money and we didn’t have as much. I was different to those people and I didn’t like the things that they liked. I would go to parties and the best part of going would be the leaving. I would go to a party because I felt that’s what I should be doing. I’m such a loser!”

On being a self-confessed Gleek: “What I love about our show is that it opens your eyes to a lot of things without being preachy.”

As for the pictures, well...

Dolce & Gabbana bodysuit. Charlotte Olympia heels.


Marchesa jacket. Givenchy heels.


D&G dress. Louboutin heels.


Eres hotpants. Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci boots. Dancia tutu.

She clearly doesn't need Terry Richardson to talk her into anything. Which is fine. Really it is. Like we said the other day, there's nothing wrong with a rising star playing on their looks. Or at least, there's nothing all that unusual about it. Our issue with the GQ spread was that they were clearly "playing" versions of their Glee characters (and reinforcing some unfortunate gender tropes, to boot). Although if we were her fairy blogfathers, we'd advise her to rein it in a bit, because too much of the pouting-in-panties shots can work against you. We understand the desire to broaden her image past the confines of her TV character, but she's got too much talent to be going this route too often.



[Photo Credit: marie claire.co.uk]

Post a Comment

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion