Celebrity Photos Fashion

Friday, January 14, 2011

Andrew Garfield for Details

Perfected his "James Dean" pose at 12.


Details
February 2011 Issue
Photography by Norman Jean Roy
Styled by Paul Stura

Andrew Garfield is on the cover of Details. He has incredible hair. He says things:

On his role in
Spider-Man:
"I see it as a massive challenge in many ways," Garfield says. "To make it authentic. To make the character live and breathe in a new way. The audience already has a relationship with many different incarnations of the character. I do, as well. I'm probably going to be the guy in the movie theater shouting abuse at myself. But I have to let that go. No turning back. And I wouldn't want to."

On all the all the physical training for Spider-Man (including a lot of yoga and pilates): "I want to feel stronger than I've ever felt, and I want to feel more flexible than I've ever felt," he says. "I want to feel powerful. You don't just want to be a pack of meat—it has to be an open body. It does something to your psyche, and it does something to the way you move."

On whether he's the man to play Peter Parker:
"Whenever I have a moment of doubt, I'm very easily able to equate it with the character struggle I'm stepping into. And that's immediately reassuring—it feels like I'm in the right place for this."

On the scene in
The Social Network in which Garfield's character, Eduardo Saverin, finally and triumphantly loses his cool: "That day and night of shooting was one of my favorite experiences. I was actually proud of myself because I didn't care what I was doing. I was literally not judging myself. And it was so fucking beautiful for a second.

I've gone through my whole life caring deeply what people think of me. That was probably one of the first times where I didn't care for a second. And it was liberating. I felt more like a man than I've ever felt."

Mary, Mother of God, we wouldn't last an elevator ride with him. He's like Oprah, without the success. We realize interviews are ostensibly all about the person being interviewed, but wow, does he sound a bit up himself. He's young and he's new at this; maybe he doesn't realize how he comes across yet. We're intrigued by the Spider-Man casting. The first picture of him in the suit was released yesterday and we dig the skinny look he's sporting, which fits the character.

Anyway, he takes a good picture and the clothes are alright, if a bit low key. It's not the most interesting editorial we've ever seen, but it's about right for Details.

T-shirt by Kenneth Cole.


Coat by Prada


Shirt by Louis Vuitton


Coat by Louis Vuitton


Sweater by A.P.C., jeans by Levi's, sneakers by Vans.


Jacket by Marc Jacobs. T-shirt by Kenneth Cole.

Behind-the-scenes video


[Photo Credit: Norman Jean Roy, details.com - Video Credit: details.com]

Post a Comment

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion